Life has been pretty hectic since 2018 started. Cameron’s switched jobs, our car got totaled and had to get replaced, and it’s taken a lot of hard work to make sure we are on track for starting our trip on the bus this year. Some days are harder than others, but it’s important to keep the positives in mind. I wanted to share 23 three things that make life a little easier for me. One for each year I’ve been alive.
- Dogs. Any and all, but especially my own.
- The smell and feel of a book, particularly books over ten years old.
- Sitting next to the ocean when the sun rises.
- Dark red lipstick.
- Hiking through really dense forests and watching the sun break through the trees when reaching the top.
- The taste of wine, clove cigarettes, cheese danish, and lemon.
- Movies with an amazing soundtrack.
- Libraries and bookstores.
- The scent of vanilla, smoke, freshly cut grass, autumn, ink, and lavender.
- Road trips to Ohio to see my family.
- Bonfires in 40-50 degree weather.
- Coffee-especially lattes.
- Taking walks with my headphones playing music.
- Night drives with Cameron.
- Bubble baths and my skin care routine.
- Snuggling in my bed with the spouse and two dogs.
- A great conversation with a friend.
- The discovery of a great book.
I also think I’m going to start sharing some of my favorite content every week that I’ve consumed. Whether it’s a book, movie, magazine article, etc. I love to share new, interesting things that I come across that make me week better. I’ll probably do this every Wednesday.
The last bit of news that I have- Cameron made me the new logo for my blog! Here it is:
He has also started to create shirts/hoodies/merchandise with the logo on it! I’ll probably be the only one to buy them, but if you’re interested, here’s the t-shirt he made!
There will be more to come!
Let me know what you think of the logo! Also, what small things in life make you the happiest?